Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Do I Know What I Know?

I have learned many different things from many different sources in my life. I think I've learned the most from the people around me, from my parents to my peers. Everyday I learn something new from someone else. It can be something simple or complex, but I do learn something. What I learn from other people is not what I learn from school, although sometimes it can be. I mostly learn about life and the best way to live it. Whether it is through someone telling me or by example. This is my favorite way of learning things because I never know when it will come during the day. Also because I like learning from personal experience more than from a book. The next source is from school. I learn a lot of different things from school in a wide variety of subjects. What I learn here will probably help me later on in my career or what ever I choose to do in life. So I do value what I learn here and believe it is important. If it wasn't for school I don't think I would know how to read, write, do math, or anything like that so I am very appreciative for the education I have received so far. The last source is the media. I don't rely on the media to teach that much, but it has taught me a lot. It has taught me things about what really goes on in the world, like killing and crimes like that. I was never really exposed to those type of things in my childhood, but I found out that it is a harsh reality of the world form the media. So I have learned many different things from different places. Even though I have learned more from some places more than others, they are all important. Without one of those sources I feel like I would be missing a part of myself or identity. I am grateful for all the things I have learned, good or bad, and I don't ever want to stop learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment