Friday, January 21, 2011

King Still King?

Martin Luther King Jr. left a big imprint on this world in the little time that he was on this earth. I believe that he was one of the best leaders this world, not only this country, has ever seen. It showed in the way he was able to lead several marches and influence a group of people that we shall overcome. He opened a lot of doors for people of color in this country as well. I don't think that Obama would be the president today if it wasn't for King. Another thing I admire about him is that he always did things non-violently. Other people would always try to phyically harm him and through all of that he never resorted to violence as an answer. I think that if he was still living then things in this country would be better. He really wanted to see his dream come true and it still hasn't. There is still a lot of racism in this country and a lot of people still judge others by the color of their skin. I think we still have to continue working toward fulfilling his dream and if we do the country will become a better place. I hope a lot of people will think about that during this holiday. I think that everybody should take at least five minutes to reflect on what he did for us and what he stood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment