Friday, December 17, 2010

Globalizatiom

From what I knew, I thought that globalization is a good thing. I looked up the exact definition and it said the process by which regional economies, societies, and cultures have become integrated through a global network of political ideas through communication, transportation, and trade. When I read the definition, I stick with my thoughts about it being good. The more cultures become integrated, the better makes the world. If cultures understood more about other cultures and how they live, they will be able to appreciate and respect each other more. If everyone in the world would respect each other then that would cut down on conflicts and that would make the world a better place. One of the things that people don't like about globalization is that it takes away from the cultures and they become more Americanized. I don't think it takes away that much from other cultures because if the older people and parents teach the younger people their ways, then it will never die. I also feel that unless you live in America or somewhere else, there is no way your original culture or heritage can ever be completely changed. So I think that globalization is a good thing and I think that the world will continue to become more global as time goes on and there is nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment