Saturday, November 20, 2010

Open Letter To Cormac McCarthy

Dear Cormac McCarthy,
I enjoyed reading your book The Road. It made me think about what the world would be like if I was one of the few people left on earth. It also made me look at the human race in a different light. When humans are faced with a lot of adversity how would they respond. It showed me that a lot of people would be greedy and try to get everything for themselves, not caring about anything else. When I think about it I could see people acting like that. I would be a "good guy" if I was in that situation, like the man and his son. I definitely wouldn't resort to cannibalism to survive and I would try to get food the right way and not hurt anybody else. I believe that there would be some people that would do those bad things like in the book. Overall though I really enjoyed reading your book and I will look for more of your works to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment