Friday, November 5, 2010

A Direction the Class Needs

In my opinion, sixth period philosophy class is going in the right direction. I like the way the class is run and how there are a lot of discussions with the teacher and our peers. There are a lot of topics and questions that this class makes me really think about. I never really thought philosophically about anything in my life before I took this class. I tend to question a lot of things in my life now, like what is in the news, and I have more philosophical conversations with my family. That is why I think this class is great because it really makes you think. Also there is never really a right or wrong answer. It's great because it people disagree and that brings on a lot of good discussions.

We don't use the textbook that often either and I like that. When we did have to read the textbook, I found some of the information to be okay but I was really bored and uninterested. That is why I like it more when we don't really use the textbook. I do, however, enjoy the other books that we have read. (Candide and The Road) They are books that I normally wouldn't read on my own, but I found them very interesting and something different, which I liked.

So I think the direction the class is in is fine. There isn't really anything I would change about this class. I enjoy coming to this class everyday and I can't say that about some of my other classes. I hope to continue to develop and think philosophically like I have so far in this first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment